We are very excited to announce and would like to invite you to join the........ BETTER TOGETHER LADIES GROUP
Better Together Ladies Group is an aftercare service provided by Bixby Funeral Service. Our goal is to provide a community of support and encouragement for women who have lost their spouse or significant other.
While there is no way to remove the pain of losing a loved one, we are hopeful this group would help to ease the pain. We all grieve uniquely, but all people find comfort in belonging to a close-knit group that offers encouragement and support.
Better Together Ladies Group provides comfort and encouragement in the following ways:
- A place to meet others who have experienced a similar loss
- Support from feeling alone or isolated
- An opportunity to meet new friends
- Opportunities to participate in organized events: social meet-ups, movie nights, game days and service projects in the community
Sharing Loss, Sharing Life
REMEMBERING THROUGH LIVING
By remembering and honoring our past, we believe we can be a source of strength and inspiration for each other and those around us.
BETTER TOGETHER EVENTS - Click on the calendar to review new events and remember to check back here often!
LUNCH BUNCH (2/24)
This is an opportunity to share a meal together with friends in the middle of the month. We meet at a different restaurant the 4th Monday of every month @ 11:30 a.m. This month we will meet at The Bistro at Seville (10021 S. Yale Ave. #103).
(Lunch is at your own expence). Contact Carla for more information - 580-656-1517.
- Game Night starts us off at 6:00 PM on Feb. 6th at my house (8324 e 117th St. S, Bixby)
- Card Bingo at 2:00 PM on the 10th at Autumn Park
- Movie Madness 7-ish on the 18th at B&B Theater on Memorial
- Lunch Bunch 11:30 pm on the 24th at The Bistro at Seville
- DO NOT FORGET the Valentines Dinner on the 14th at 5:30pm (River Crest Event Center - 13329 S. Memorial) sponsored by Bixby Funeral Service. Kara and Jody Greene and Chris and Katie Teel will be in attendance.
- Our first dinner night is scheduled for March 12th at 5:30 pm at Freddie’s BBQ - 1425 New Sapulpa Rd, Sapulpa, OK 74066.
- We have tossed around the idea of doing a March Saturday trip to The Pioneer Woman Mercantile in Pawhuska! Exciting! Plans will be finalized this month.
I ran across an amazing post by Cura Hospice on Processing Grief Through Journaling. Journaling is a straightforward way to begin to process feeling of grief and there are many benefits to journaling, including its active processing of emotions into words, it’s a way of feeling heard without “inconveniencing” anyone and it can help capture memories. The entire article can be found at https://www.cura-hpc.com/blog/posts/view/157/processing-grief-through-journaling-a-bonus-tip?d=n.
Ladies, it so worth looking at and reading. I hope you find it helpful.As always, I look forward to seeing you soon and let’s have some fun together! Carla